Netizens have shared their reactions followingfan accounts ofLay’searnest plea duringEXO’spre-recording ofMnet’sM! Countdown.
Earlier it was reportedthat while pre-recordingthe group’s stage for their “Love Me Right” comeback, EXO’s Lay asked for fans not to hate him in light of the recent promotions that he wasabsent from.
However, Netizens have left mainly unsympathetic words calling Lay a “sly fox” and attempting to manipulate the audience, particularly younger fans.
See what some had to say:
1. [+131, -25]For all of ‘Call Me Baby’ promos, he was in China and the first thing he says when he gets back to Korea is “don’t hate me”? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ f*ck, I don’t think he realizes what he needs to be saying right now. He should be apologizing, not asking people to not hate him. He should be saying sorry for not promoting with the group. How can he be this selfish and greedy. So he wants his own profit but also doesn’t want people hating him for it?
2. [+108, -22]Only now…? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Zhang CEO-nim, wake up… There are a lot of temporary fans in the fandom so maybe if you continue acting all sad and pathetic like this, they’ll start liking you again but the majority of us fans have turned their backs on you ^^ I still can’t forget that you grabbed a meal withLuhanandWu Yifan, kept in contact with them, and called Luhan your brother and gave him your support when he left ^^ You never once participated in the official album promo schedule other than the first week and you’ve been so busy making your own personal profit with your studio in China… and now you dare come back and ask people not to hate you? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Don’t act selfishly if you don’t want people to hate you!
3. [+85, -9]This is exactly what Lay intended… to get you to sympathize with him. Stop being so naive.
4. [+33, -3]Do you not feel bad for the Korean members then? ㅋㅋ I tear up at the thought of how regretful they must feel. Lay gets to act up against SM and get his own individual schedules and choose when he wants to promote in Korea or not. Rumors have already spread that he changed his contract terms. There’s no way we can trust him now. I’m sure you know that the majority of the fandom outside of the internet only support the core 8 members.
5. [+28, -3]I’m surprised the members are even smiling atZhang Yixingㅋㅋㅋ The Korean members are suffering
6. [+25, -3]Crazy bastard acting like he’s the victim
7. [+24, -2]He’s really quite a sly fox ㅋㅋ He knows that there are a lot of young fans in Korea so if he acts sad and tries to gain their sympathy, they’ll start supporting him again. Meanwhile in China he goes out to eat with the two traitors and gets his own image going ㅋㅋ and he manipulates SM into getting his own studio while still getting a cut of EXO’s profits ㅋㅋㅋ What a comfortable life for him
8. [+23, -1]Ehh??? What do you mean “sea of tears”??? It was a sea of hate in theM!Countdownaudience. The teens in the fandom don’t know anything so of course they gave him their sympathy but anyone in their twenties and thirties were swearing at him the entire time. Everyone was smirking and laughing at him. As if the place was a sea of tears ㅋㅋㅋ Lay fans are trying so hard, aren’t they.
9. [+22, -2]You guys got betrayed three times and you still haven’t woken up, have you? He’s already trying to set up a foundation for his leave ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ EXO is only 8, Lay needs to leave the group on his own if he realizes how much we hate him. I feel bad for the Korean members to have to sit there and smile at his face.
10. [+17, -1]What a f*cking joke. I was there atM! Countdownand I was so pissed off… he grabbed the mic and started acting all depressed and sad and slurring his pronunciation. What a joke. My blood already runs cold hearing the members call him Lay hyung. It’s obvious that Lay’s trying to survive through these promos to milk as much cash as he can ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ sly little fox, you think we’d fall to your ploy? F*ck off
Now I, myself, have taken netizen's side before.... giving logic to their seemingly illogical behavior at times but this.....I can't. I can't.
I flippin' floppin' can't this time.
First of all.....Lay is DEVOTED to EXO.....completely TOADilly DEVOTED to EXO despite all that they've gone thru as a result of Kris and Luhan leaving and the situation with Tao. All the racial prejudice he's faced paired with questioning his loyalty to the group is an insult to his character and to him as a frickin human being....YET he's seen it thru thus far and has shown no signs of leaving. As for having other obligations that prevented him from being present thru the entirety of Call Me Baby promotions, he's building a career...hellur?? Like D.O and Chanyeol....branching out and trying the acting gig. Just so happens that his filming coincided with Call Me Baby promotions. The other members are branching out....why aren't they being accused of leaving? Know why??? KNOW WHY??? Because that logic is flipping riddikulus. That's why.
Second....from what I've seen, Lay has always been respectful of his members, fellow idols, his fans, and pretty much anyone else he comes into contact with. And believe me being a Lay stan....that is a lot of tv appearances and fancams at performances, airports, and pretty much anywhere else fans follow (which is pretty much everywhere) that I've watched over 2 years. He conducts himself in a polite cuteous manner and heck, the boy is so sweet natured he's practically made of sugar. And honestly, I don't know him personally....but I do know bae bows....A LOT. And I'm pretty positive it's not for his health and its not for show.
Yeah....that group of netizens that are calling yourselves, EXO-Ls....I AM ADDRESSING Y'ALL....
Until there is legal documentation nullifying his contract with SM Entertainment... he is part of EXO.
And in the meantime.....
I'm sorry Vingle Kpop Fambam.....I tried to be a growed-up about this but unfortunately for y'all, my Peter Pan Syndrome is terminal.
Talking ish about my bias....