A comfortable and lightweight plain white tee is one of the most basic wardrobe necessities. While many choose to sleep in their white tees or wear them on "off" days with jeans or yoga pants, a white t-shirt can be incorporated into dressed-up and fashion forward outfits as well. Find out how to wear your tee this summer like a true style star.
1. Pair with leather leggings and chic sandals for the ultimate model off-duty look.
A loose white tee can be your best friend, but make sure to pair it with something fitted on bottom, like leather (or pleather) leggings. The cool sandals make the whole outfit look intentional and carefully put-together without being too much.
2. Tuck into printed trousers with dressed-up accessories for a casual office outfit.
These pants are so fun, and paired with printed accessories. they need a simple tee to pull the look together.
3. Wear with a leather miniskirt and booties for a casual rocker chick vibe.
The more modest tee makes the tough-yet-sexy mini feel effortless, and acceptable for daytime. Don't forget your sunglasses!
4. Pair with distressed jeans and tough boots for a grungy-cool look.
The white tee makes the tougher look seem like you didn't even try, but you still look awesome. A chic bag and sleek hair keep it from going over-the-top.
5. Wear under a denim vest to make a skirt casual but trendy.
The classic white tee is a perfect match for the super-trendy denim vest. Paired with a feminine skirt and ladylike accessories, it's the perfect casual-polished look that could be worn through the summer.
6. Knot it at the waist of a high-waisted skirt.
A high-waisted, voluminous skirt in a fun print is a perfect match for your white tee. Knot it on the side at the skirt's waistband to accentuate the shape and give your tee a more body-hugging fit.
7. Under overall shorts for a casual take on the trend.
Overalls and overall shorts are big this summer, and oh so comfy. Wear over your plain white tee for a classic look. Plus, the ladylike clutch keeps the outfit from going to childlike.
8. Tucked into a bold midi or maxi skirt.
With a statement skirt like the green sequined beauty above, a white tee is exactly what it needs to tone down the overall look and make it wearable.
9. With cut-offs and a statement necklace.
Her plain white tee looks beyond trendy with a bold necklace and clutch. This look is both casual and quirky, and could be worn from day to night with a heel.
10. Paired with a blazer and loafers for the office.
This super pared-down look is just professional enough to be workwear due to the crispness of the blazer and the polished shoes. For a more formal workplace, swap her skinny jeans out for trousers.