Father's Day is this Sunday on June 21st, I hope you've already got something up your sleeves!
Breakfast is nice, but maybe let your dad sleep a little bit and give him brunch. With a Latin-infused intoxicated brunch, he'll give you a ton of besitos for his special day. Sure, mimosas in the morning is socially acceptable, but we can bend the rules for dad.
Here are some dad-approved drinks made with liquor from Latin America.
¡Arriba, abajo, al centro, pa' dentro!
What you'll need is Bacardi Gold rum (1.5 oz), Coca-Cola, and 2 lime wedges, ice.
1) Fill a glass with ice.
2) Squeeze 2 lime wedges over the ice and drop them in the glass.
3) Pour the Bacardi Gold rum, then pour the rest of the glass with chilled soda and give it gentle stir.
Simple, strong, and daddy-approved. Pair this with a Cuban cigar, and you've got your dad set up for the afternoon.
What' you'll need is Jose Cuervo tequila (2.0 oz), orange juice, and ice.
1) Fill tall glass with ice and pour in tequila.
2) Stir 2-3 times. Top off with OJ and serve.
With a perfect mixture of tequila and orange juice, this chilled drink is perfect for Father's Day and for summer!
What you'll need is Cachaça (2.0 oz), lime, and sugar (2 tablespoons)
1) Place lime and sugar into a glass and muddle (mash the two ingredients together using a muddler or a wooden spoon).
2) Fill the glass with crushed ice
3) Add the Cachaça.
This sweet & strong drink is gonna put your daddy on his ass before he even knows it. Brazil knows how to make party drinks.
The Peruvian Vesper Martini
What you'll need is Pisco Acholado (1.5 oz), London Dry Gin (1.0 oz), Lillet Blanc (0.5 oz), dash of orange bitters, lemon peel to garnish.
1) Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake to chill.
2) Serve strained in a coupe, garnish with a lemon peel.
James Bond drank this.
What you'll need is Aguardiente Antioqueño, and a shot glass.
1) Pour chilled aguardiente antioqueño into a shot glass.
2) Drink up, buttercup.
If dad wants his drink straight, strong and from Colombia, give him this.