Happy Birthday Blake Shelton!
The very famous country music star turns a young 39 years old today! I bet he's freaking out that he's a year away from 40!!! Whatever the case may be, here's a list of 10 facts that you may have not known about this country superstar thanks to TasteofCountry.com!
1. He used to be a pageant kid.
"My mom entered me into a pageant [when I was 6 or 7 years old]. I still don't know why and it's still the worst experience of my life, being in a pageant. That has to have been the first one, and I can't remember because she put me in like two or three in a row there. And I remember singing 'Cat Scratch Fever' by Ted Nugent, and 'Old Time Rock 'n' Roll' by Bob Seger -- [they] were probably my two signature songs."
2. He used to hate reality television shows but works for 'The Voice' now...ironic.
"I hate reality shows. But if I had to be on one, I'd have to say 'Realtree Road Trips' on the Outdoor Channel."
3. His mom was more excited when Blake was named one of 'Country's Hottest Guys' than he was himself.
"I didn't really understand what the deal was. So I said some stupid stuff! Then I found out it was a big deal ... so I don't think they know me very well! But my favorite thing about it is that I know my mom, who cuts hair in Ada, Okla., will cut that page out of the magazine and tape it to her mirror and point it out to everybody who comes to the shop."
4. He will always defend his 90's mullet.
"Nobody else in the world seems to think it was as awesome as I still think it was. Basically, it has gotten to the point where it is just a matter of pride. And I know it looks like crap, but it is just more fun to me to irritate people than cut my hair to satisfy them."
5. A fan scared him by giving an iguana as a gift in 2008.
"We were playing a fair, and a few people were handing me stuffed animals and flowers, but one person handed me a paper sack. So I took all the stuff back to the bus. I put the sack in my lap and opened it, and a live iguana jumped out of the sack and onto my shirt. I screamed like a little girl! I think it took a year off my life -- it scared the crap out of me."
6. He thinks his tattoo is "one of the crappiest tattoos in the world" but added barbed wire to make it 'more manly'.
"To this moment, people still come up to me and say, 'Man, ladybugs ... that's cool. What does that mean to you? I probably have the crappiest tattoo -- not only in country music -- but maybe the world."
7. His biggest pet peeves are under-dressed people and bare feet.
Celebrities : "Somebody standing on the stage of the Grand Ole Opry or some formal place and they're wearing a T-shirt and baseball cap."
T-shirt/Baseball Cap : "Unacceptable."
Feet : "Cover [their] stinkin', nasty feet..."
Shoes : "Flip-flops aren't even acceptable."
8. His favorite engagement gifts were a shotgun and flask from wife, Miranda Lambert.
"We were outside the city limits, so we went right out of the tent and tried them out. It's a real shotgun wedding!"
9. He was invited to join the Grand Ole Opry via Twitter. First celeb too btw.
Grand Ole Opry : "@blakeshelton, you're invited to join the Grand Ole Opry. See you on 10/23/2010!"
Shelton : "Hmmm... Let me think... OK!!!!!!!!"
10. He had a pet turkey named 'Turkey' in 2003 until it died of heat stroke that year in June.
"Up until this point, [Turkey]'s been to Arkansas one time. He has been to Oklahoma, which is where he was born, and now he lives in Tennessee. So, I feel like, without me, he doesn't get to do things, and I feel a responsibility to show him the world."