Make This Awesome Mustache Cake For Your Favorite Hairy Guy
This might be the coolest themed cake I've ever seen! Imagine surprising dad, grandpa, or your favorite mustachioed hipster with this awesome facial hair-themed dessert. It's unique, hilarious, and oh-so-Instagrammable. Plus, mustache cake parties are guaranteed to be the parties people remember! Follow the super-easy directions below.
Awesome Mustache Cake
1. First, you'll need two 9-inch round cakes. Bake one box of cake mix or start from scratch!
2. Make sure cakes are fully cooled before removing them from the pans. Chill in the fridge for an additional 30 minutes to make them easier to cut.
3. Draw a yin-yang stencil lightly on the surface of your cake with a sharp knife (check out the diagram below).
4. Use a serrated knife to level out the tops of your cakes so they're the same height. Use a sharp paring knife to cut the cakes in pieces along the line you traced.
5. From one pan, flip over one side and position the pieces to make a mustache. Spread with frosting, and top with matching pieces from other pan.
6. Frost with icing of your choice (in the cover photo, vanilla frosting was tinted to match Dad's silvery 'stache!) Then, drag a fork through the frosting to create a hair-like texture.