Colorful. Energetic. Sexy. Upbeat. Typical K-pop MV right?
Not with MAMAMOO! Their new MV goes above and beyond...and has been receiving mixed reactions from fans.
The rookie group just released the "Um Oh Ah Yeh" MV for their latest album, "Pink Funky."
Here are a few "controversial" things that fans have pointed about the MV:
1. Solar "misgenders" Moonbyul's character and assumes she's a guy. (I see how this is an issue but it's a running theme we've seen in many K-dramas...classic "girl-mistaken-for-guy" misunderstanding).
2. Hwasa's character is basically a pervert and harasses Solar non-stop. (Isn't that just part of the story of the MV?)
3. Solar tried to drug Hwasa's character. (Okay, I'm not sure what to say since this was basically Solar's retaliation for Hwasa's perverted behavior).
4. Solar takes advantage of Moonbyul when she's passed out. (Alright, this one was just wrong. But it was probably meant to be funny...clearly, fans didn't think so).
5. Solar acts disgusted when she finds out Moonbyul is a girl. (I don't think people are realizing this is just Solar's character's reaction and not representative of MAMAMOO).
I see where fans are coming from with these points. Maybe MAMAMOO went a bit too far? Or is the MV being taken a bit too seriously?
What do you guys think?