This is a delicious dish from Cuba (other places in the Caribbean also have a similar dish to this one). If you like cheese and rice, you're in for a treat. It's usually made with shredded chicken, but you can also do without it. I remember the time I first had it, I was at a quaint Cuban food place. They had the stuff by the pounds. I honestly just wanted to sneak some in my purse for later. So cheesy. So good.
¡Dale! My little Cuban chefs in training, let's make the best rice you'll ever have in your life.
What You'll Need:
Cooked rice (6 cups)
1 cup mixed veggies, corn, peas, carrots (frozen/cooked)
¼ cup sour cream
1 cup cheese (shredded)
Handful of Spanish style olives
1 tsp cumin
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
⅓ cup mayonnaise
1 tsp Spanish style seasoning seasoning (optional)
How To Make It:
1) Cook the rice according to package directions.
2) Place a portion of the rice in a 9 x 13 greased casserole dish
3) Place the vegetables on top, and dot the vegetables with the cream and sprinkle a portion of cheese
4) Place the olives on top of that, and sprinkle with seasonings
5) Top with remaining rice, and smooth on the mayo
6) Top with remaining cheese. Tent with foil and bake at 350 for 25 minutes