8 squares, 8 ingredients, 70 calories per square. You know you want some.
What you'll need:
1 small banana, mashed
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/4 cup oats
2 large strawberries, diced (get crafty and substitute for raspberries, blueberries, peaches, the options are endless)
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 dash cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
2. Blend banana, applesauce and vanilla extract in a medium size bowl.
2. Mix oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in another large bowl.
3. Add the banana mixture into the oatmeal mixture.
4. Add in diced strawberries. (Note: Make sure they're small pieces).
5. Grease 6x9 inch making pan with cooking spray. Spread mixture into pan evenly.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until they're golden brown, with no residue and can spring up when you poke them with a fork.
7. Cool for 20 minutes before cutting them into squares.
8. Serve and enjoy!