When I was in college, I was always scrambling around for recipes to make with the things I had in my cupboard. I wanted to make breaded fried chicken, and I didn't have any breadcrumbs.
Then I thought,
will ground oats work? It sorta has the same texture as breadcrumbs.
This isn't a new idea, and you'll see a lot of alternatives to breaded chicken, and oats being one of them. Here's a really quick, easy, and healthy way to make oatmeal crusted chicken.
What You'll Need
3lbs of boneless chicken
1 1/2 cups of oats
1/2 cup of Milk
1/3 Grated Parmesan cheese
Parsley 1 teaspoon of salt
How To Make It
1) In a food processor, grind oats, Parmesan cheese, salt, oregano, and parsley.
2) Take your combination of oats and spices and put them in a bowl.
3) Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
4) Dip chicken in milk, then coat with oat mixture. Place in prepared baking dish. Drizzle with butter or spray with cooking spray on top
5) Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear.
This is an healthy alternative to fried chicken, and I promise it tastes just as great. Oh, and you're getting added fiber. Breaded chicken without the guilt -- can I get a "hell yeah"?