This is a teaser of the upcoming documentary that will share the story of the 52 Hike Challenge, and those who choose to complete it! The idea is that you should average 52 hikes in a year (anything as small as a simple walk in the part to something as big as climbing a mountain). Just get out and try it!
Here's all you have to do:
1. Check out the website's guide.
2. Sign up!
3. Make your plan to get 52 hikes in within a year. You might hike 1 time / week, or you might hike more often than that. The goal is simply 52 hikes in 1 year.
4. Choose hikes in your level! Every hike doesn't have to conquer a mountain.
5. Share with your friends, and share your story with 52 Hike Challenge for a chance to be in the documentary, which they're currently working on getting funding for.
6. Let them know when you've finished--you'll be featured on their page!
I think it's a pretty awesome idea and am trying to stop making excuses and sign up for myself already. I mean, what's the harm, right? We should all try to be outside more, and that's the goal here! I hope their documentary ultimately gets funded and made, because it will be cool to hear so many hikers' stories, united in one film.