As I mentioned in a previous card, right now in LA, it's all about citrus and the annual Lemon Festival! If you haven't already done so, you can click here to see how lemons can get your wedding summer-ready. And since my neighbor is in such a great mood, I may be able to fill two bags full of lemons, instead of stealing A LEMON!
Make this Meyer Lemon Sour!
1 1/2 oz citrus vodka (hint: Meyer Lemon Vodka from Charbay)
1/2 oz St. Germain elderflower liqueur
1 oz fresh-squeezed Meyer lemon juice
1/2 oz Meyer lemon peel syrup
1 egg white
1 dash orange bitters
Meyer Lemon Syrup:
1 Meyer lemon
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
Don't overthink this. Make the syrup first.
1. Peel an entire lemon and chop into strips.
2. Add to the water and sugar to simmer--not boil.
3. Steep for a couple minutes then take off the heat to room temperature. Leave peel inside.
Cocktail time. Also a breeze.
1. In a mixing glass, add egg white and shake the hell out of it for 10 seconds by itself.
2. Next, fill with ice and remaining ingredients (which includes 1/2 oz of syrup).
3. Shake, shake...shake, shake...about 30 seconds. But you REALLY need to shake it!
4. Double-strain into a sour glass and garnish with fresh lemon zest.
Now, you can enjoy LA. Or a wedding. Or the Lemon Festival. Or whatever! I am curious to see what @Rodiziketan thinks of this! Let me know if you have some fun ways of updating this or making it better!