-- if you leave hate, i'll report you --
i tried my best to create a timeline style post about kris/wu yifan, luhan, and tao. i tried to make this post as objective as possible and as full of facts as possible (although i personally am biased towards luhan and kris and hate it when people call them traitors), and i think i did a pretty good job (you may think otherwise, but i am definitely patting myself on the back for this one). i am not trying to argue with anyone, nor am i trying to persuade anyone that my opinion is right. i just want people who constantly call luhan and kris traitors because they are still working and making a living for themselves to try and be more understanding to them. i am not saying that it wasn't wrong for them to leave exo so abruptly like they did (especially in kris's situation), but i believe that they had their reasons.
i still haven't fully grasped the entire situation with tao, but from what i've seen from the way he criticized kris for leaving to having his dad speak out for him and then going to LA for school and being spotted in places like disneyland soon after, only to be followed up by a solo album release announcement, i have a feeling his situation is a bit different from the former two. like i said, i haven't looked into that situation yet and will update this post once i do, but it seems weird to me (oh look, i said the phrase 'to me,' meaning this bit here is an opinion).
situation #1: kris/wu yifan leaving exo
- 140514 filed for lawsuit due to health reasons and unfair treatment
- 140624 officially joined cast of movie 'somewhere only we know'
- 140717 releases song 'time boils the rain' for movie ost
- 141016 officially joined cast of movie 'fading wave' [TENTATIVE RELEASE DATE 151224]
- 141106 releases song 'there is a place' for movie ost
- 141201 attended madame tussaud's event in honor of his wax figure being made
- 141231 performs two songs at 'zhejiang tv new year's eve concert'
- 150321 films happy camp episode
- 150601 shoots for vogue china along with kendall jenner
of course, there were a few events here and there in between these more major events, but he has had a lot less activity than he did while in exo. he also stated that he has wanted to pursue acting and sm would not let him, and that's what he is doing now - acting. he longer has jam packed schedules, no longer dances, and he rarely ever sings anymore (except for ost, where he doesn't even release a CD). during the time period between him being confirmed for his first movie and when he filed the lawsuit, he was seen in a beijing hospital as well on 140528.
situation #2: luhan leaving exo
-- never posted anything or responded when questioned about kris's lawsuit --
- 1406XX (i just know it was in june) started filming '20 once again'
- 140908 spotted in beijing hospital
- 140912 sm releases statement saying luhan cannot perform at the lost planet tour in bangkok due to sickness
- 140920 luhan returns to perform at the lost planet tour in beijing (reportedly still sick, based on several fan accounts)
- 140921 last day of the lost planet tour in china
- 141010 filed for lawsuit due to health reasons and unfair treatment
-- promotions for '20 once again' continued as luhan wanted to complete the movie as he already started filming before he filed the lawsuit --
- 141201 releases song 'our tomorrow' for movie ost
- 141231 performs one song at 'zhejiang tv new year's eve concert'
- 150120 films 2 minute cameo appearance for movie '12 golden ducks'
- 150128 officially joined cast for 'blind'
- 150203 releases cover of 'tian mi mi' as a present for fans
- 150419 hosts charity soccer game as a birthday event; injured leg during game
- 150311 officially joined cast for 'the great wall'
- 150626 confirms collaboration with david tao for beijing olympics
- 150626 spotted in beijing hospital
- currently promoting for 'the great wall'
of course, there were a few events here and there such as magazine photo shoots and awards shows in between these more major events, but he has had a lot less activity than he did while in exo. also, if he has been performing, he only performs the song from '20 once again' ost 'our tomorrow.' like kris, he longer has jam packed schedules, no longer dances (except for the cameo appearance for '12 golden ducks'), and he rarely ever sings anymore (except for ost, where he doesn't even release a CD). he has been in the hospital once (that we know of) this year.