1. Eat every 2-4 hours. You may end up eating 6-7 mini meals a day, but not to worry because you won't gain additional weight. This method will keep your metabolism working optimally to burn fat.
2. Each meal needs protein. Eat 1 serving (about the size of your fist) of fish, chicken, egg whites, cheese, yogurt, or nuts.
3. Eat your vegetables. You want to try and aim for 1-2 cups of veggies in every meal. They can be raw, steamed, baked, etc. Get creative!
4. Earn your carbs. Try your best to consume carbohydrates during breakfast and 1-2 hours after working out.
5. Eat healthy fats. Your fat sources should come from nuts, avocados, extra virgin olive oil, flaxseed/flaxseed oils, etc.