If you have time on your hands to watch a sitcom, then you have time to clean your oven completely. And I am not talking about the modern hour-long comedies either. By following these simple steps, you can get it clean in about 30 minutes (or less)! This is AFTER you've let your oven rest from the baking soda, which doesn't take more than a couple minutes.
You're Gonna Need
Damp dish cloth
Plastic or silicone spatula
1. Remove everything that can be easily removed like your oven racks, pizza stone, oven thermometer, and anything else you have inside the oven. Set aside.
2. Make a baking soda paste: In a small bowl, mix a 1/2 cup of baking soda with 3 tablespoons of water to get the desired spreadable consistency.
3. Without touching the heating elements inside the stove, completely spread the paste over the interior surfaces. Wear gloves because this part is absolutely disgusting. It's best to do this right after dinner so that it can rest for 12 hours overnight.
4. Now you can scrub your racks. Click here to see how.
5. After your oven has sat for at least 12 hours, take a damp dish cloth and wipe out as much of the dried baking soda paste as you can. Use a plastic or silicone spatula to help scrape off the paste as needed.
6. Spray a little vinegar: Put a little vinegar in a spray bottle and spritz everywhere you still see baking soda residue in your oven. The vinegar will react with the baking soda and gently foam.
7. Do a final wipe down: Take your damp cloth and wipe out the remaining foamy vinegar-baking-soda mixture. Repeat until all the baking soda residue is gone.
8. Replace the oven racks and anything else you keep in your oven, and you're done!