Before you book your next vacation keep in mind a couple of things:
1. 6-8 weeks before your trip is the best time to purchase your tickets.
2. Purchase tickets on a Tuesday or Wednesday.
3. Fly out Tuesday, Wednesday, or Saturday.
4. Return on a week day.
5. Prices alter up to 3 times a day depending on the time you're searching for flights.
6. Put your browser on "private browsing" so travel websites cannot track the information you're searching. (Note: Flights will increase if Expedia, Travelocity, etc. sees that your search history has been nothing but roundtrip tickets to the Caribbean).
7. Discounted tickets are typically offered in the beginning of the week.