So I just recently discovered Spaghetti Squash and I am addicted! If you don't know what that it its a squash that can substitute spaghetti. And its healthy!
So I recently stumbled upon this recipe on fooddoodles and needed to try it, and let me tell you, it was delish.
Also its only 400 calories per half...youre welcome!
1 medium sized spaghetti squash
1 tbsp butter
2½ tbsp flour
2-3 cloves of garlic, very finely minced, grated or pressed
1 tbsp cream cheese
1½ C milk
1 C Parm Cheese (optional...but just go food it)
What I love about this recipe is that I had all the ingredients just lying around my house! It is so simple, and requires no special shopping trips. This may seem fancy but it really is such a QUICK EASY DINNER!
How To Create
1. First cook the squash. Preheat over to 400 degrees. Cut squash in half long wise and take out the seeds, exactly like you would when carving a pumpkin. Drizzle some Olive Oil on the fresh and salt and pepper and place flesh side down. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
2. Take fork and rip up the spaghetti strands towards the middle of your makeshift bowl (the hard outer shell that you can't eat)
1. For the sauce, melt the butter in a small pot. Once hot add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes over medium low heat.
3. Add the flour and whisk into the butter. Cook for another minute while stirring. It will get kind of clumpy and brown don't worry!
3. Add the cream cheese to the butter mixture.
4. Pour in milk and whisk while letting the sauce come to a simmer.
5. Add parm cheese and let meat just a bit.
6. Pour sauce into eat spaghetti squash boat and ENJOY!
It really is so quick and easy! Without the oven time for the squash it took me about 15 minutes to completely finish the meal! The picture above is mine and I gotta say it looks pretty good for an amateur!
So treat yourself to a healthy replacement to creamy pasta and feel free to add anything make your boat your own! Add shrimp, chicken, or extra veggies! Honestly anything would taste amazing in this sauce.