If you're more familiar with the Italian cuisine, rellenos de papa are sort of like rice balls, except these are made with potatoes. Most often, rellenos de papa are made with ground beef inside, but anything is possible in the food world.
If you want the English translation to these things: potato balls.
They sound better in Spanish, tbh.
So, how about we make these with chunks of cheese and sizzling bacon, instead?
What You'll Need:
2 cups of mashed potatoes
1/4 cup of cooked bacon
1/2 cup of shredded cheese
1 cup bread crumbs
How To Make It:
1) Roll mash potatoes into a ball.
2) Add bacon and cheese in the middle before closing potato ball.
3) Dip potato ball into beaten egg. Roll ball into bread crumbs, covering completely.
4) Repeat steps for as many potato balls you want to make.
5) In a large pot, fry potato balls in medium-heat for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown.