K-Pop Challenge: A Workout Playlist Perfect For #Gains
First off, you guys, I just spent an embarrassing amount of time photoshopping multiple Gains for this picture, so you better appreciate it. But before I was doing all that, I jogged for about 2 miles around my neighborhood and listened to all of the K-Pop songs that really get me pumped and running fast. I thought maybe it would be fun to share with you what K-Pop tracks I love listening to when I work out! (I don't know if they do this in other parts of the world, but here in the United States, we make a lot of jokes about acquiring 'gains' aka getting into shape and building muscle. Hence my weird Gain meme.)
Anyway, here are some of the tracks I listen to when I'm getting my jog on. Throw these onto your own workout mix, and you'll be feeling the burn in no time! (ALSO, if you want to share what K-Pop songs you like breaking a sweat to, consider yourself tagged!)
1. "Come Here" - Masta Wu featuring Bobby & Dok2: Somewhere @PassTheSuga and @jiggzy19 are like "DUH! OF COURSE!" In the words of late 90s Jay-Z, this track is 'so necessary'. This song really gets my heart rate going, especially toward the beginning of a good cardio workout.
2. "Rainstorm" - Rainstone featuring Brian McKnight, San-E, & Verbal Jint: When I first heard this song, I thought it was completely random because when I think of Brian McKnight, I think about the slow jams at my middle school formals, but this song is so good! Plus San-E and Verbal Jint are two of my favorite Korean rappers.
3. "Good Boy" - G-Dragon and Taeyang: Yoooooooo. I'll be honest and say I absolutely hate this music video, but this song is the one of the best workout songs. I still love you, Bigbang! Even if you all let your hair get kind of weird!
4. "AEAO" - Dynamic Duo and DJ Premier: What is one of my playlists without a Dynamic Duo song? I love this song, and even though Choiza is my 'ultimate bias', everything Gaeko does between 1:30 - 3:30 is, well, dynamic.
5. "1 AM" - Taeyang: I didn't even know I liked working out to this song until I was finishing up my run today and it came on. I think it's really good for a cool-down because it's still uptempo, but much more mellow. (Thanks for all the good workout jams, Taeyang. I wonder if he works out to his own songs.)
6. "Bulldozer" - Swings: This song makes me want to crush skulls. Figuratively, of course. I don't actually want to crush people's skulls. (My favorite part is when he raps in Jeolla dialect. Beaaaaast.)
7. "A" - GOT7: For some reason, whenever my workout apps start up, this is the first song that comes on. I totally love that it does though because this is one of my 'happy dance' jams. I love starting my morning jog with this song!
8. "Ice" - Phantom: Back before "A", this was my go-to warm-up track. I think it's important to start your workout off with a song that makes you feel really happy and energized, and both this song and "A" do it for me.
9. "Crush" - 2NE1: I feel like listening to CL rap should be required for any and all workouts. I bet it makes you a billion times more efficient. Well, that's just an estimate. I don't know about a billion.