There are so many damn things you can do with plantains, it's awesomely insane! Just the other day, @allischaaff wrote a card on plantain fritters with finger-lickin' garlic mojo. You can also fry, boil, and bake these sweet things. But how about grilling?
Um, hell yes. Summer is almost over, so you need to whip out some grilled plantains before putting your grill away.
This recipe is EASY and FAST. Grill 'em up!
What You'll Need:
3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
4 (very ripe) plantains - unpeeled
How To Make It:
1) For Butter Glaze: Place butter & sugar in a small sauce pan over medium-heat. Cook until sugar dissolved & butter is melted. Add vinegar. Stir. Remove from heat.
2) Heat grill to high and close lid. Wait about 15 minutes.
3) Oil grill grates with vegetable oil-soaked paper towel with a long pair of tongs.
4) Slice plantains in half. Place on grill. Close lid and grill for 15 minutes.
5) Turn plantains over and baste with the butter glaze. Close lid and grill for another 15 minutes. Brush more glaze before removing from grill.