Though there are many types of essay assignments, writing an essay on personal profile is the most demanding. Not only you have to go through an extensive research about the person you are focusing on, but also give an articulate description of his personality and life. But there are some useful tips that will help you write a compelling personal college essay help. To know them, you must read on:
• Do a one-on-one interview with the person. But do your homework before the meeting. Create list of questions to ask him in order to bring out the best from the interview. Start with the basic questions such as who, when, where, what and why and observe his appearance and mannerisms during the responses. Afterwards, ask him about his achievements, interests and hobbies. Exploring these facts will allow you to know the real person behind him.
• Start your essay by giving a biographical sketch of the person i.e. his name, title, appearance, professional accomplishments and other important information relating to “WH” questions. Focus your paper on a specific attribute of the person and use it as your “thesis”. This must be something unique in his personality.
• Write the ‘body part’ by using ‘inverted-pyramid organisational layout’. The writer should begin with a succinct and interesting title, and then build upon the story from the most interesting part towards the least important, according to the The Prentice Hall Guide for College Writers.
• Use as many paragraphs as required by your assignment. For example, if you are writing a 200-250 word long assignment, then you will not require any additional body paragraph. But for a 300-500 word long assignment, you might need 1-2 additional paragraphs. Each paragraph should focus on a new topic. For example, if you are discussing professional life of a person, then you will cover 2-3 major points of his career.
• Finish your essay with a powerful conclusion. Here you will restate main points of your essay. Give your final words about the person or his life. Link your audience back to the thesis statement and leave them on a meaningful note.